- You will be a part of a small and friendly group of people, not to exceed 8 per trip (plus your host, Lisa).
- Beach house windows will remain cracked for fresh CA air, which is super refreshing and healthy anytime - and also pandemic friendly.
- Every rollerskater will have a bed to themselves, unless they request to share a bed with someone and a Queen sized bed in a private room is still available. Feel free to email Lisa at Bookings@LisaKonczal.com if you'll be booking with friend(s) or a lover and would like to share a room with them. If you have any question about current room availability / configurations, don't hesitate to email Lisa.
Room placement is based on a first come, first served basis, and will be configured for the best possible overall experience for each group. You may be in a private room solo, in a room with another friend or two (everyone in their own beds), or if requested, two people can share a bed/private room. Please email Lisa before or just after you sign up if you have any room preference / are going on the retreat with anyone else. Again, first come, first served and happy to let you know what is available before you book: Bookings@LisaKonczal.com
- Photo shoot is by your host, Lisa, who has photographed celebrities like Charlize Theron, Al Pacino, Ryan Gosling and Quentin Tarantino. www.VeriteCreative.com
- Groceries at the house for self serve breakfast / snacks will include gluten free, dairy-free and healthy items, organic items and produce and yummy food such as bacon and chocolate... wine. And you'll find plenty of shops and restaurants a walk or short Lyft away, so access to amazing California and international cuisine will be abundant.
- Covered meals do not include alcohol - but do include dessert : )
- The group evening out dancing includes any cover charge, as well as a round of drinks for the group.
- You can carry your rollerskates with a skate leash onto the plane as a personal item (in place of a purse).
- Group Beach Rollouts will be on The Strand - a smooth, flat path (as shown in the image to the left). Outdoor wheels with a 78 hardness are recommended, especially for newer skaters. Hybrid wheels are also fine.
- It is best to arrive with the skate gear etc. you need, to maximize your time in LA and minimize the potential logistical stress of obtaining gear. But there is a rollerskate shop in the LA area for any emergency needs that may arise.
- Participation in the daily beach roll outs, dancing / listening to music, and group meals etc. is designed to create community and enhance everyone's experience. However, all adults will be supported if they end up needing to adjust how they participate based on their energy level or comfortability.
- Transportation will be provided for our South Bay roll out, as well as out dancing. Dancing will likely be at an outdoor spot, and either way will follow covid-protocols. It is also certainly optional, and just watching and listening to the music will be thoroughly entertaining if preferred.
- If you decide to cancel within 48 hours of your booking, you will receive a refund within full. If you cancel anytime after that, you must find a skater to replace you / sort out a refund directly from them - or can transfer your booking to different trip dates, pending availability.
By signing up to ROCK 'N ROLL, you commit to:
- being a friendly, inclusive and supportive presence to others
- being able to skate at least several miles straight, at a moderate pace, on a smooth, flat surface. And after a long break and grub, skating another several miles. And if you aren't at that point now, you have time to practice : )
- being respectful and caring of your own well being and that of your fellow fun-loving beach house comrades...which includes:
- always wearing a minimum of wristguards when skating (and anyone choosing to go to a skate park during their free time must be experienced, go with a friend, have health insurance, and wearing full protective gear including a rollerskate helmet.
- taking care of your immune system, i.e.
not getting black out drunk on this trip; keeping drug use to legal ones (pot is legal in CA). Emergen-C packets full of vitamins will be provided at the house.
- skaters commit to not smoking any substance at our beach house, or within 20 ft. of the group during group time
- Rollerskaters must be 21+
- the house is a very welcoming place, in part because it is full of nice people who are also happy to clean up after themselves and otherwise be considerate to housemates : )
- Discrimination has no place in our beachhouse
to keep in mind
- getting to/ from our beach house: their airfare into LAX and any baggage fees, Lyft / transport to / from the LAX airport to our beach house -
no more than 20 min from the airport - which is great for LA!
- a Lyft, should rollerskaters desire to venture out to West Hollywood or another area farther away for a night out... but there's already plenty in the area to do without the hassle of a vehicle... and those Luminous wheels might come in handy for lighting up the night as you roll to your next destination ; )
- Any additional meals / snacks / treats / alcohol / activities... but there are tons of free activities available when you aren't rollerskating... swimming in the ocean, beach volleyball, exploring, etc.
Your host Lisa has lived in the area for a decade and is available to help with recommendations and information.